Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lisa Conway

Hello and welcome to the AP 3D blog! It is my hope that this blog will increase communication between all of us. Please feel free to use this blog to communicate with me and your fellow classmates.

We will be having our first guest artist coming on 10/28/2011. Her name is Lisa Conway, and she is the ceramics teacher at Clark College in Vancover, WA.  Check out the link and let me know what you think: www.lisaconway.com I will update you in class on how that days schedule will look.

6 comments:

  1. I dig the natural look of the pieces in her first album, the glaze really works well with the feel of the art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the illuminations album the light works very well with the pieces. The porous texture is very effective in drawing and holding your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the pieces from the 2010-2011 albums. The way that they are formed and glazed makes them look like they are carved pieces of rock. I also like the way that the lightly glazed pieces catch your eye and move you around the pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff! Will we have a project to go along with this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the textures of Banana Flower 1 and 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my paper clay project had worked, it was really neat learning about the process and I feel like the material could be manipulated well. Too bad it got all over my face instead of my balloon...

    ReplyDelete